The Consulting Clinic Private Policy
The Consulting Clinic Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy is in place to ensure that information collected by your practitioners during your assessment and treatment at the Clinic is used in an appropriate and secure way.
All card details are stored securely, we can not view your full card details.
Payments are powered by Elavon Merchant Services https://www.elavon.ie
The Company complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS Certification). The PCI DSS are a set of requirements that ensure businesses taking card payments maintain a secure processing environment. The Clinic holds a certificate of compliance.
Over the course of treatment at The Consulting Clinic, information is gathered that allows the practitioner to make an informed professional decision as to the most appropriate assessment and treatment methods to be used. This information will contribute towards a formulation and treatment plan which will be shared with all clients.
Information gathered at assessment and on-going appointments will include basic demographic data (e.g. name, date of birth, address, etc), as well as other information that is considered relevant. This will usually include the following:
- The nature of the problem for which you are presenting, a history of the presenting problem, a family history of relevant information and other information deemed necessary to make an informed clinical judgement about the nature of the presenting complaint and other relevant factors
Information from Other Sources
At times the clinic receives information about clients from third parties including GP’s, Psychiatrists and other medical professionals. This information is stored in the clients file and each client is made aware of the referral information/report.
Use Of Information
Information gathered by The Consulting Clinic is used exclusively for two purposes
- For the formation of a practitioners opinion which is used to guide assessment and treatment for the presenting complaint
- For the evaluation of the service provided by the Clinic, through collation of detailed statistics about referral sources, nature of presenting problems, attendance durations, etc. In all cases where information is used for statistical purposes, no identifying information is made available.
Security of Information
We store all patient personal details in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Information provided to The Consulting Clinic is held in the client’s File (demographics and basic diagnostic information only). All partitioners take responsibility in storing their case load files which are stored in locked filing cabinets in a secure manner.
Confidentiality of Information
Generally, all information gathered over the course of assessment and treatment at The Consulting Clinic remains confidential. There are several notable exceptions, however, to this confidentiality:
- All practitioners at the Clinic discuss their caseload with an experienced Clinical supervisor in a supervisory relationship to ensure best practice. Information on the nature of the case (though not necessarily full identifying information) is shared with the practitioners supervisor
- The Clinic may share your information including treatment plans with your GP but only with your consent.
- In the event that the practitioners forms the professional opinion that either the client, or another individual is a risk for significant harm, a moral obligation to break confidentiality to prevent such harm would apply. Confidentiality would be discussed with all clients.
- In the event that a file is subpoenaed to court
- In the event that a client gives permission to share their information by completing and signing a written consent form.
Changes to The Clinic’s Policy