Mindfulness for Pregnancy, Childbirth and Parenthood
This programme was designed specifically to help expectant parents. Based on the groundbreaking work of Nancy Bardacke, author of Mindful Birthing, there is a strong evidence base supporting this program.
The MBCP Course teaches mindfulness skills to engage the mind to work with pain during labor.
This programme is an adaptation of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Programme (MBSR) founded by Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD, at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center.
• Individual phone interview with facilitator prior to commencement of programme
• Group format
• 2.5 hour sessions, once a week, for 9 weeks, plus an all-day session held on week 6.
• A typical session would contain a mixture of theory, practice and group discussions.
• Learn to engage the mind to work with pain during labor
• Increase confidence and courage for the experience of labor and delivery
• Practice prenatal yoga for strength and flexibility
• Develop skills for managing stress in pregnancy, parenting and daily life
• Enhance partner communication skills
• Become more aware of our own approach to parenting
• You have reading material and CDs to support your daily
Contact the clinic for more information.
Trainings will be facilitated nationwide.