Acceptance and Commitment Therapy is a mindfulness-based approach that has also been shown to be effective in managing anxiety, panic, depression and stress. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy has a strong empirical background.
The aim of ACT is to help people create a rich, full, and meaningful life, while effectively handling the pain and stress that life inevitable brings. ACT does this by:
Focusing on values – that of what is truly important and meaningful in your life, to help ground you in the present and give healthy direction.
Teaching mindfulness skills to deal effectively with painful internal experiences including thoughts and emotions.
The course is run once a week for 2 hours over a 6 week period. The course differs slightly from the 8 week Mindfulness Courses in that the formal mindfulness practice are of a shorter nature.
• Group programme or individual
• Education on anxiety and panic
• Letting go of the ‘struggle’ with anxiety, control and certainty.
• Help you to connect and move towards your values and what matters most to you
• Show you how to change your relationship with unwanted thoughts and feelings
• The course will include practical exercises, use of metaphors, group discussions and work to build on
in- between the sessions.
For more information on this course and to place your name on the list please contact the Centre.